Grand Rapids Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Michigan Citizens
Competent legal representation for good people in tough times
Whether you are facing criminal charges and need competent legal representation or you have been injured in an accident and need to recover for your losses, Barrix Law Firm can help. Founded in 1993, our firm has two decades of experience helping Michigan citizens in situations similar to yours. We know the law, we know your rights and we pride ourselves on providing those in need with the best legal representation possible. No matter what your legal issue is, we are here to walk you through it.
Providing clients with the personal attention they need
For those unfamiliar with the legal system, the process can be daunting. But with our law firm on your side, you never have to navigate this process alone. When you come to our firm, you will receive the benefit of:
- Accessible attorneys ― One of the most frequent complaints that clients have about their attorney is how difficult it can be to reach him/her without going through a paralegal or secretary first. At Barrix Law Firm, we believe there is no substitute for direct, one-on-one contact with our clients. When you call, we answer, and we make ourselves available to you at all times.
- Attentive representation ― It is a mistake to think that all driving under the influence (DUI) or personal injury cases are the same. In fact, the circumstances of each case are unique and call for a personalized approach. We take all the time that is necessary to understand your case so that our thorough legal representation is tailored to your situation.
- Honest case assessment ― There are some legal circumstances in which the law can impose a considerable penalty, and our attorneys are honest with you about this possibility when we assess your case. Nevertheless, you have options in building a defense or pursuing a civil complaint. We are dedicated to exploring each and every option, ensuring you have the most effective representation possible.
- Reputation for commitment to community ― Having been a member of the West Michigan community for almost his entire life, founding partner Jason Barrix is committed to helping his fellow citizens. During his time in Grand Rapids, many radio listeners recognized and appreciated Mr. Barrix’ dedication to providing citizens with answers to legal questions during his radio show, “Justice with Jason,” on WGRD 97.9.
More than 20 years’ experience in criminal defense and personal injury law
Our attorneys have built their careers on representing clients in criminal matters and advocating for victims in personal injury litigation. These are broad areas of law, and in our many years of experience, we’ve developed the skill and expertise necessary for handling a variety of case types:
- Criminal defense ― A criminal charge can be devastating personally, professionally, and financially. If it is a charge of a certain severity, your freedom may even be at stake. One of the most common offenses Michigan citizens are charged with is driving under the influence (DUI), and many are dealing with a suspended or restricted driver license. At Barrix Law Firm, we take these matters very seriously, and we have a reputation for effective and competent criminal defense, no matter what your issue.
- Personal injury law ― When you or a loved one has been injured, the financial and emotional costs can be enormous. Personal injury law is broad, encompassing various types of incidents, such as traffic accidents, medical malpractice, and slip-and-fall injuries. If you have been injured, holding the responsible person(s) accountable for your injuries and losses is essential to getting back on your feet. Our attorneys can help.
Putting knowledge and experience to work for you
If you or a loved one has been injured or is facing criminal charges, let us put our diverse knowledge and experience to work in your case. Contact us online or call 616.426.9814 today. During a free initial consultation, we learn the circumstances of your case and determine the best plan for moving forward. We conveniently offer appointments on the weekend and are located near 28th Street in Grand Rapids, next to the Woodland Mall.